One Additional Year of Donations
WE SURPASSED OUR GOAL – OVER $2 MILLION IN DONATIONS!
Thank You for Making TrueBlue Schools a Success
In 2008, Georgia Natural Gas® launched its signature TrueBlue Schools® program with an intended goal of donating $2 million to help support schools throughout the state. To date, we have surpassed that goal, donating more than $2.1 million to Georgia education!
In celebration of reaching our $2 million goal, Georgia Natural Gas will continue to donate to participating schools for an additional year, through June 30, 2015!
Participants currently enrolled in TrueBlue Schools, who remain customers of Georgia Natural Gas in good standing, will continue to earn $5 a month for their designated schools until that time. Let’s see how much more we can donate to education in Georgia!
Your Participation Makes the Difference
Statewide, TrueBlue Schools’ donations have helped 1,142 schools pay for books, art supplies, music programs and instruments, field trips, sports equipment, playgrounds, scholarships, classroom technology and much more. See how some schools are using their TrueBlue Schools donations:
- Pope High School, in Cobb County, earned more than $45,000 in TrueBlue donations to help fund major school improvements to buildings and grounds throughout its campus.
- Dunwoody Elementary, in DeKalb County, used donations to help obtain its Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) certification.
- Morris Brandon Elementary, in Fulton County, used its TrueBlue Schools’ funds to help build a new playground at their school's Primary Center.
- Ford Elementary, in Cobb County, used its dollars to cultivate more than 90 gardens, giving students the opportunity to learn about science and nutrition.
- Norcross High School, Gwinnett County, uses TrueBlue donations to fund Project Graduation, an all-night, chemical-free, grand-scale party for seniors on graduation night.
- At Renfroe Middle School, Dekalb County, TrueBlue donations support all kinds of things, including innovation grants for teachers allowing for hands-on learning, material and lab supplies for classrooms, and field trips. The club funds allow ALL Renfroe students to participate regardless of ability to pay and also funds tournament and other fees for teams that represent the school in academic and debate tournaments.
- Sagamore Hills Elementary School, Dekalb County, uses donations from TrueBlue Schools to purchase music instruments for the school’s band and strings music programs, allowing every student the opportunity to experience learning through music.
- Level Creek Elementary in Gwinnett County purchased White Board Technology for every classroom in the school with funds earned through TrueBlue Schools.
- Christ the King School, Fulton County, keeps private school tuition affordable for parents by using TrueBlue donations to pay for utility bills to keep the cost of running the school as low as possible.
As Georgia’s leading natural gas provider, Georgia Natural Gas has always had a strong commitment to the communities we serve. As we look to the future, please continue to watch for new programs and opportunities that benefit the communities we serve. Thank you once again for joining our TrueBlue Schools mission to make a difference in education.